Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I haz the Job

Thats right.
I have a tenure-track offer from a research university. It is the kind of department that I am looking for with a balance of teaching and research. They are supporting me a lot for my research activities. I am carefully considering but I think I will accept the offer.

Got to go and sign the letter, put in a resignation from my current position and making all the arrangements for the move. Oh did I mention travel schedules in between.

More details later. Wish me luck !

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! Have a safe move, and stay funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Is this R1? Look forward to your posts on the overall experience getting this position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have more detailed blogs later hopefully

      Delete
    2. Yeah man, keep posting. I enjoy reading your posts although they are few and far between.

      Btw, I'm also a postdoc at a big National Lab. Maybe we are in the same lab! I will be going through this circus next year. Looking forward to a blog post from you with the latest tips, tricks and anecdotes.

      Delete
  3. Wait, is this early for lining up an academic job? Don't first interviews usually come up right now, with job offers in the spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The start date is in Spring. The original search began in spring but the department was in transition (new HOD) and couldn't complete so they started again in summers and are done now. The job starts in the spring though.

      Delete
  4. Woohoo!!! Congratulations! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GMP. I intend to download a lot of wisdom of academic life from you and your blog :P

      Delete