Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The agony of waiting

Recently, I have been waiting for many things i.e. waiting for my papers to come back after peer review; and results of the faculty applications that I have submitted to various places.

As it turns out, that I got the reviews of the paper back. There were three reviewers. Two of them said accept and one said reject. Lo and behold, the editor said that they are going to reject the paper. The issue that the third reviewer had raised is a controversial one in the field, and we (as a lab) tilt towards the other camp. In either case, the reviewer seems to be a big wig, the editor has said reject to the paper. I know, it does not make sense.

On the other hand, I did get a call from a faculty the other day. They wanted to phone interview me. Needless, to say I was awesome and the interview went very fine (I think !). Lets see if they are going to call me for an onsite interview. Its looks good though, since one of my recommenders told me that the department called and wanted to ask more about me. So, the wait is on !

No comments:

Post a Comment